Tuesday, July 17, 2012

That last two weeks


The last two weeks have been, for the most part, uneventful.  Maybe that's why I have been unmotivated to post much.  Our days have been filled with running errands, trying to get S & P back on a nap schedule, trips to the BX (just to have something to do) and crawling around the hotel room.  The girls have developed a love for pulling things out of suit cases, out of bags or really just about out of anything.  It makes a huge mess, but it keeps them happy and I don't mind picking up the mess.  As some of you may have seen on facebook, we had to move to another room due to an imaginary cockroach problem.  This room has been just as nice, the only problem is there is no tub to bathe the girls in.  So we have been having "shower baths".  The shower/hose thing detaches from the wall and I can hose them down, which comes in handy after they have pasta with marinara sauce for dinner.  (Below are pre-dinner pictures, I thought I'd same some laundry by having dinner in diapers) 

                                  



I took the girls for a drive the other day while we waited for M to finish getting our utilities fixed-up, and we ran across some buffalo!  (They smell worse than cows, in my opinion)



On one of our many afternoon trips to the BX we stopped by the garden section to look at the next possible house plant I could kill.  (I have the opposite of whatever a green thumb would be.  My track record of keeping plants alive is not good.  I blame it on the places we have lived, YOU try keeping an herb garden alive in west Texas.)



We have gone for a few walks around Landstuhl (a village just a few miles away from the base).  There lots of little restaurants and shops through the village, but mostly we walk because we are getting really fat...because we're eating like pigs...because the German and Italian food is amazing. 


Annnnnd a little video while waiting for Daddy to get us a movie



So there you have it.  That's what we've been up to!  Just waiting to get our life settled but enjoying it in the meantime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment